Outdoors at UVa Equipment Policy for Members
Outdoors at UVa has a large inventory of gear for all the outdoors activities that we do. As a club member, you will be able to check out gear for a week at no charge. Available gear includes:
- Sleeping Bags/Pads
- Climbing Harnesses and Shoes
- Trad Rack, Quickdraws, and Dynamic Ropes
- Mountain Bikes
- Caving Equipment
- Cross Country Skis
There are a few restrictions on gear check out. These restrictions are:
- You must not try to get gear yourself. If you go to the gear room yourself and try to get in, or even get in the building, the Club will suffer severe consequences. We had problems in the past and very nearly lost our gear-room privileges. If you need to get or return gear, you must coordinate it with the officers.
- Official club trips take precedence! From time to time, a trip will need all the tents or sleeping bags.
- All gear must be returned in a week, or we will impose a $5 per week late fee. If you would like to check out gear for a longer period, please ask the officers.
- Each member may check out personal gear for one non-member friend. (e.g. one member cannot check out multiple tents, because a tent is not personal gear)
If you would like to check out gear, you must e-mail and set up a time to get into the gear room. Please request gear as soon as you know you need it — please don't wait till the last minute!